Armor is a company with more than 1850 employees worldwide and an overall turnover of approximately 280 M€. The significant innovation capacity of Armor makes its one of the leaders in its field.
Armor Solar Power Films (ASPF) develops and industrializes the technology of organic flexible photovoltaic modules fabricated by roll-to-roll. These modules contain different functional and advanced layers (active layer, conductive electrodes and interfacial layers).
The unique properties of this new photovoltaic technology open up exciting new possibilities in the
sectors of construction, mobility, street furniture and connected objects.
In this context, ARMOR is looking for a:
R&D Device Engineer in OPV (12 months; fixed-term contract)
You will be a member of the R&D Material and Formulation team. This team is responsible for the development of innovative materials and architecture for the technology of organic photovoltaics (OPV). Under the supervision of the ASPF-France R&D project leader, you develop and optimize OPV devices, specifically at the laboratory scale. You will be in charge of testing new materials, formulating them and
evaluating their efficiency, stability and reliability in conformity with technical and functional specifications.
Member of ASPF-France you will be located at ASPF-GmbH, the German site of ASPF located in
Nuremberg. From there, you will ensure a technical link between the French and German R&D teams.
Some work travels to France will be planned to ensure an efficient transfer of the R&D studies.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Planning and conducting experiments at lab scale to increase performance and stability of
OPV devices with the constraints related to large-scale production;
- Performing optoelectronic characterizations (mobility, work function measurements);
- Regular reporting of your results (reports, meeting, videoconferences);
- Regular literature review to remain updated with state-of-the-art academic research.
In addition to the screening and testing of new materials, you are also expected to take actively part in
the operation of the research laboratory at ASPF-GmbH. This involves the maintenance of equipment,
participation to internal meetings and management of lab supplies.
An efficient communication and close interaction with the two teams is a major requirement for this job.
- At least a master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science with deep knowledge of
organic materials, formulations or opto-electronics (engineering school, master or PhD);
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of organic electronic (OPV, Perovskite, OLED or
OTFT) is required;
- Knowledge in semi-conducting, conducting polymer formulation such as PEDOT:PSS
formulations is an asset;
- Experience and knowledge in organic, printed electronics and/or thin film technologies is
- Intrinsic motivation, initiative and the ability to work independently as well as in a team will be
- Hands on mentality;
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written);
- Speaking German would be an asset.
Position located in Nuremberg, Germany.
Frequent travels to La Chevrolière (Nantes; France) to be planned (1 week onsite every 6/8 weeks)
Apply for this job on the ARMOR career portal.